Malta-based online game marketplace Gamivo published the top ten list of best selling games in 2018, based on traffic on its platform, according to a press statement by the company.
The online marketplace was launched in September 2017. Gamivo says its user numbers were on a “significant” rise in 2018. “We foresee more than 35%growth within the whole PC games market,” says Bart Skarbinski, Chief Marketing Officer of Gamivo, about the near future.
“Many of the top PC games for 2018 were released in prior years, providing a testament to their popularity and longevity. Others regained previously held positions due to new expansion packs,” Gamivo says about its list.
Gamivo’s list of top ten games are as follows. Entries are “in no particular order”, the company says.
- Fortnite – The game made an indelible global mark on the gaming industry and continues to be one of the most popular games of all time.
- Tom Clancy – The franchise is consistently one of the most highly sought games as bigger threats and more ways to play are added.
- World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth – Massively popular worldwide, the game continues to debut new continents, races, and warfronts for more opportunities.
- Assassin’s Creed – The game stands out for its ongoing popularity. Part of its appeal is that it’s rooted in the story of the real life Knights Templar.
- Battlefield V – Gamers continue to flock to this as one of the most immersive and intense battle games of all times.
- Hearts of Iron IV: Man the Guns – Alternate history pathways and the ability to refit older vessels with new technology keeps the game fresh and popular.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Set in the Wild West of 1899, the allure of surviving rival games, government forces, and the landscape itself makes this a perennial favorite.
- Human: Fall Flat – The quirky puzzle serves up an escape room type exercise without the need to leave home. Player ingenuity, creativity and exploration are the keys to success.
- Grand Theft Auto – Gamers around the world have embraced every new edition of the franchise with fast cars and voice overs by well-known celebrities.
- Overwatch – Set in a future earth, the game has won numerous awards and provides anyone with the ability to emerge as a hero by acquiring extraordinary powers, bending time, and defying the laws of gravity.